Even though they can try your patience at times, you love these little blessings with all your heart and soul. That love causes you to want to protect them at any and all costs.
Keeping your children safe and healthy is such a dominant thought that you consider almost every aspects of their lives. You go to great lengths to keep your home "child-safe."
You Consider the Physical Aspects of Your Home
- Every toy is carefully considered and examined for safety before you purchase it
- Safety latches are attached to cabinet doors and drawers
- Electrical sockets are covered with outlet plugs
- Anchors are secured to prevent furniture, TVs and ranges from tipping over and harming your child
- Corner and edge bumpers are added to prevent serious injuries from falls against sharp edges on walls, furniture, and fireplaces
- Knob covers that prevent a child from easily opening doors are secured and attached
- Cordless window coverings are installed to lower strangulation risks
These are but a few of the lengths you go to to keep your children safe.
You Also Consider the Medical Needs and Risks
- You will likely talk with other parents about illnesses and prescriptions. You will want to know what they did when their child had a certain illness and how their child reacted to prescribed medications
- You will make sure you have all the necessary over-the-counter medicines readily-available
- You will place all medications out of sight and reach of your child
- You will have thermometers, bandages, hydrogen-peroxide, alcohol, saline solution, and MANY other medical items on hand
- Your pediatrician's number will be stored in you phone and written on a card that is attached to the refrigerator
You Consider the Safety of Household Cleaning Products
- You carefully read the ingredients of cleaning products
- You read informative articles such as this one
- You watch videos like this one ...